Monday, July 16, 2007

My turn

Finally, a break from being the "feeding machine". Actually, I love it! She looks so content, peaceful, and happy when I'm feeding her that I can't imagine doing it any other way. It is amazing how someone so young can instantly recognize the person who provides sustenance. Motherhood is exactly as I imagined it would be. I can't stop staring at her thinking about the wonders and miracles of life. How did this happen??? (well...I really do know) Is she really mine??? (of course!) Will I ever get 8 hours of sleep again??? (NO, and that's ok)

My favorite moments are watching her daddy hold her, talk to her, and change her diaper (yes, he does it without hesitation!). He's so excited...can't you tell from his blog entries? It's also fun to watch Grandma and Grandpa (my parents) coo over her...their first grandchild. When I thought I could not have a child, I was always a little sad that they might not get to experience being grandparents. I knew they would be the perfect doting grandparents...and I was right. I'm hoping that with my sister and brother they will get to experience this over and over again. The miracle of birth...

Mom

No comments: