Sunday, August 23, 2009

backseat driving...


Emily Grace likes to shout directions and driving instructions from the backseat as we drive around town. Did I mention she's only two? We get on the highway and she starts yelling "turn left" I explain that there is no left turn on the highway. Why do I try and explain this concept to a two-year old? Because, that's what adults do. Emily's mom's solution seems to work much better, she just agrees to make the left turn and then just keeps on driving. Emily also like to go fast. That's also a frequent refrain from the back seat. It doesn't matter if we're on the highway or sitting in traffic. Emily wants to "go fast." Once, after multiple requests to "go fast" I asked Emily how fast did she want to go? Almost immediately she answered "real fast." Recently, Emily wanted me to make a left turn at an intersection so she could see something. She told me what the something was but I could not for the life of me figure out what it was that she wanted to see so I kept going straight. No sooner had we driven through the intersection before she started yelling "turn around, turn around." We had a little talk about driving the car and being a good driver. Emily informed me that she wants to be a bad driver. Watch out State Farm.

Love,
Dad

No comments: